Friday, January 6, 2012

snags in the road...

... are inevitable. And I hit my first two recently. I was hoping this wouldn't happen for a week or two, but it's ok. Not really set backs, just snags. The first was that I didn't post yesterday. Ooops. I thought about it when I was working on my practice plan for volleyball (I coach, and our first practice is Saturday) but knew I needed to get the practice plan done... so... I didn't post :-/

Snag #2 was this morning. I could not get up this morning, so no Tai Chi this morning. And I am feeling it. Tai Chi has been a great way to start my day. I feel more awake by the time I need to get ready for work, and feel ready to face the day. I am definitely dragging this morning. I feel like there's a fog in my head. Maybe I'll do some during lunch. Might feel weird to do Tai Chi in my work clothes, but something is better than nothing, right?

So to get caught up: yesterday was ok. I felt pretty good about it until I got my daily report from my food diary. I added a yogurt to my breakfast of oatmeal because it said I didn't have enough calories for breakfast the day before. And I made dinner again (had my leftovers for lunch AND resisted the free pizza that was offered later in the afternoon!) but apparently didn't do enough exercise yesterday. So that was a little disheartening, but not a huge deal. I see most of this first month as learning what I doing right and what I could be doing better. The elevator at work got fixed, so now I need to make the extra effort to take the stairs after seeing how much it helps me out. Today I added a banana to my breakfast instead of the yogurt, so we'll see how that affects things. Experimenting is fun! I need to keep in mind that except for Wednesday, when I had nothing to bring in for lunch cause I had just gotten back from vacation, I have made dinner everynight this week and brought leftovers in for lunch. That is a big step in the right direction, and one I need to continue!

I saw this quote the other day, and it's one I need to keep in mind: "The difference between try and triumph is a little umph." ~Anonymous I can do this! I've been good about recording my food and exercise in my food diary. I took the stairs this morning. I will be coaching tomorrow which will certainly help in the exercise department (yay playing volleyball!) and most importantly, I CAN DO THIS. And I will. With work, and dedication, and patience, I can get this ole body of mine into better shape.

2012 is mine! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment