Wednesday, January 4, 2012

so far so good...

I know I just posted this afternoon... but am pretty proud of myself tonight, so I wanted to update! :)

I got off work on time (which, while not an official New Year's goal, is something I am going to try and be more consistent about this semester) which meant I got home at a reasonable hour. I did some dishes, MADE DINNER, and worked out while dinner was cooking! :-D I also signed up for MyFoodDiary.com which is a great website if you are looking for a way to track your food intake as well as your exercise output. My co-worker clued me into this site, and she really likes it and I think I'm going to as well. They have an intense listing of foods already in their system, and if they don't have what you need then you can manually enter it (and it saves it in case you use it again). They also have an intense listing of exercises from biking and dancing to walking and Tai Chi. I earned an extra 800 calories today from all my working out! And the elevator at work is out, so having to climb the stairs alone earned me about 300 calories. That might be motivation enough to keep using the stairs even after the elevator is fixed. So long as I don't succumb to peer pressure ;o)

Alright... I feel pretty good at the end of my first day. I know it is the first of many, but I'm hoping this good feeling will keep going. And if nothing else, on the days ahead when this gets hard and frustrating, as I know it will, then I can look back on this entry, remember this feeling, and pick myself up and keep going.

2012, here we go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment