Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ack!

Ok, so yeah. It's been almost a month since I last posted. I believe I called that once the semester started this whole thing would be a lot harder. And I was right. Getting up earlier is more difficult, even though I know I feel better when I do my Tai Chi warm-ups. Finding time to do Just Dance or Wii Fit is more difficult. But change is supposed to be hard, right? Or, at least, a challenge. And I am trying to get back on track. Hawaii is about a month and a half away, so I still have time. And I have to keep remembering to be patient with myself. So - this is my first big hurdle. I had my inner Cathy Ack moment and I can move forward from here. I also know that it is not going to magically get easier. I am starting to get more motivated to find a gym, so I am moving in the right direction with that. I just need to figure out the finances.
As far as my other goals are going - they are on the back burner for the most part. I am trying to get better about being more positive and I definitely think that writing more here will help me accomplish that goal. I also think my work helps with that, constantly reminding the individuals I meet with to focus on the positive also helps remind me that I need to do that too :) I do have my goals posted at my desk at work (in a somewhat discreet location so no one but me can see them) and I have done better at looking at them at least once a day just to remind myself what they are.
The other thing I am trying to remind myself is that these are year goals. They are not going to happen in the first few months of the year. I intentionally set out with the mindset that it would take me a while to accomplish these goals, so I have to remember that as well. All too often I think it's easy to get swept up in the societal instant gratification mindset and expecting change to occur instantaneously. Maybe that's just me.. and now I feel like I am talking in circles. So thanks for staying with me on this journey, for being a support, and here it is a brand new month, ready to get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment